Become A Client
Qualification To Become a Client
Citizen of a U.S. Affiliate or Green Card Holder
The prospective client must be either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Green Card holder or a Citizen of a US affiliated Nation.
Ownership of Business or Intent of Ownership
Prospective clients must be an owner or prospective owner of a business. Ownership is defined as having an equity investment. Non-owner employees of a company may not become clients of the PISBDCN or use PISBDCN resources without the written request of the owner and the consent of the primary PISBDCN counselor.
Small Business as defined by the SBA
SIZE: SBA defines a small business as one that is independently owned and operated, not dominant in its field, which also meets the employment or sales standards developed by the Small Business Administration based on the Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) Codes for businesses. In general, the SBA in determining if a concern qualifies as a small business uses the following criteria.
- WHOLESALE - not more than 100 employees
- RETAIL or SERVICE - Average (3 year) annual sales or receipts of not more than $5.0 to $21.0 million, depending on business type.
- MANUFACTURING - Basically not more than 500 employees, but in some cases to 1,500.
- CONSTRUCTION - Average (3 Year) annual sales or receipts of not more than $7.0 to $17.0 million, depending on business type.
For more information on SBA size standards, please refer to:
Exceptions apply, so prospective clients who do not fit the above category may still request for case-by-case consideration.
The SBDC helps the Pacific Islands' business community by assisting in all areas of business management, including pre-venture feasibility, business plan development, marketing, record keeping, financial and human resource management, operations management, and access to capital (loans & investors), as well as specialized areas such as international trade and technical services.
- The SBDC does not make loans.
- Business Plans take time to develop.
- Business Plans require your personal effort.
- Counseling sessions by appointment only. Schedule an appointment by calling or visiting your local SBDC Office.
- Make all scheduled appointments. Otherwise, call to cancel.
Forms to Sign
The Request for Counseling file is PISBDCN's application form. Our small business counseling is free of charge throughout all our service centers and all that we request is that you fill out the form.
Trainings are offered at low to no cost per session. Please refer to the Workshop section for a list of training courses offered at each of our service centers. The Registration form is available in adobe format (pdf) for down load.
Fax/mail or submit the form(s) to the local SBDC office in your area.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please feel free to contact our offices.
Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view these documents. If your computer does not already have this installed, you may download it here for free